As Time goes on and you catch yourself eating certain snacks or foods you may realize what they do to you. Mental, physically, And to the gut.
I am not talking about losing weight, I am talking about the bacteria and the isolation of sugars creating a safe haven for bad energy. Your Gut plays a viable role on how you feel daily, I Am not saying by fixing your diet your anxiety will go away but it will make coping much easier. A lot of people explain anxiety as a gut symptom, For those people this blog will help.
The gut acts as a second brain filled with messengers that travel through out our body with nutrients of jam packed information, When it has bad information such as harsh fats, sugars, foods that take longer to digest it creates a message of nervousness. It needs to focus on everything else and break everything down as well. The amount of time it takes to break things down causes it to use bad sugars and other sources to do what it needs to make sure it can pass through the GI tract, gather nutrients, etc. How is that for nervous energy?
The answer-Eating Salads at least once a day produces a faster digestive tract and healthy nutritional level for you to absorb your other daily supplements and medications. Probiotics such as yogurts and supplements are great sources for just helping the body rid bacteria and force healthy fats to your brain. fats? Yes healthy fats! Your brain loves health fats, your brain is actually made from more than 50% of fats. The omega's
- Omega-3s encourage cell membrane integrity and fluidity. Brain cells communicate by exchanging chemical neurotransmitters (such as serotonin and dopamine) as well as other compounds. For these interactions to occur, the cell membrane must be soft and flexible.
- Omega-3s block the actions of inflammatory chemicals, protecting the brain from harmful toxins that can alter function and distort mood.
- Choose foods such as complex carbs that boost the calming brain chemical serotonin. Select whole-grain breads and whole grain cereals instead of sugary snacks or beverages.
- Eat protein at breakfast, so you have energy and your blood glucose levels stay steady.
- Limit or avoid alcohol and caffeine, which cause anxiety after eating. Both affect your sleep and can cause edginess.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration can cause mood changes.
To boost your mood, consider adding the following to your diet:
- Folate and other B vitamins
- Low-glycemic foods
- Omega-3 fatty acids
In addition, consider adding foods high in zinc to your diet. Findings show that oysters, cashews, liver, beef, and egg yolks have been linked to lowered anxiety.
People who suffer with anxiety should remember a few simple rules:
- Low blood sugar, poor hydration, use of alcohol, caffeine, and smoking can also precipitate or mimic symptoms of anxiety.
- Eating regular meals and preventing hypoglycemic states are therefore important.
- Adequately hydrating with plain water is best, at least six to eight glasses a day.
- While nicotine does not cause anxiety, withdrawal from nicotine can mimic anxiety, and people with anxiety may smoke to soothe themselves. It may become a problematic behavior, as nicotine can also raise blood pressure and heart rate, which are also symptoms of anxiety.
- People who feel anxiety may lean on alcohol to calm their nerves, but excessive drinking can lead to its own set of emotional and physical problems.
- Many sodas contain caffeine and have a high sugar content. Being aware of these factors and substituting plain water or sparking water for soda can be a healthier option.
- Working toward a well-balanced diet with adequate fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and healthy fats remains a good recommendation for those who struggle with anxiety. Avoiding processed foods and foods high in sugar means the body experiences fewer highs and lows of blood sugar, which helps to further reduce feelings of anxiety. Very simply put, a sugar rush can mimic a panic attack.
That's just a good Start. Finding yourself in a moment of panic and at least knowing you are doing some internal things to help take care of yourself really helps you feel better in that moment. The reason why people try techniques and meditation and preventive measures so they are prepared when things happen. The Best insurance is the one you never have to use.